(3 Minute Read) – One of our primary goals is to help improve the financial lives of our members.
In partnership with CASH Oregon, we will be hosting the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program which offers free tax assistance to those who qualify.
Scan and Go tax preparation services are available through April 18, 2023, on Tuesday’s 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. by appointment only, at our Beaverton branch location.
This program is available to members and non-members. Tax assistance is also available for the prior tax year.
To make an appointment, click HERE and select our Unitus Beaverton branch location.
To be eligible, your household income must be less than $60,000 and your tax return cannot include:
- Rental property
- Adjustments on education expenses (box 4 or 6 of your 1098-T)
- Sale of cryptocurrency
- Self employment income with any of the following:
- Over $35,000 in expenses
- A loss for the year
- Depreciation or amortization
- Business use of the home
If you are able to do so, prior to your appointment, please print and complete your VITA Intake and Interview Form.
What to bring
- Social Security card or ITIN for each person on your tax return
- Government picture ID for taxpayer and spouse if filing jointly (such as driver’s license or passport)
- Completed Intact Sheet- Form 13614-C (available above)
- Form W-2 (wages from a job)
- All 1099, 1098s and any other tax forms
- Your household’s health coverage information (Forms 1095-A, B or C)
- Savings and checking account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Last year’s tax return (not needed if CASH prepared your return)
- Optional Documents
VITA preparers are not accountants or tax professionals and are not able to provide specific tax advice. For complex or unusual returns please consult a tax professional.
If you are unable to travel to our VITA site, you may still have access to a free VITA program in your community. Find a VITA site near you.